Get Ready for the First Day of Camp!The first day of a child’s camp experience is so exciting but can be a little overwhelming for some children and parents. We are here to share with you everything you need to know to ease your concerns and make that special day a smooth and happy one for all.
What Are the Hours of Camp?Camp Begins at 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM each day. For those signed up for Extended Care: Before care begins at 7:30 AM Aftercare ends at 6:00 PM
What Does My Child Need to Bring to Camp?Well, because Frogbridge Day Camp is a full-service facility with a laundry center right here onsite, we will launder your child’s bathing suits each day and also offer poolside towel service every swim period. That’s right, you don’t need to send your child to camp with a towel or bathing suit daily, which, as many moms and dads know, means you don’t need to wash any towels or swimwear all summer long! We also provide campers with lunch in a dining hall and a daily afternoon snack, so no need to pack those either! So as many parents have celebrated for years, you only need to send your children to camp dressed in sneakers, shorts and a shirt! Items that you can have your child bring in on their first day to leave at camp in their cubbies are:
- Four swim suits (will be brought home the last day of camp)
- Flip Flops for the pool
- Sunscreen – SPF 45 or more is recommended
- Frogbridge Day Camp Back Pack (Given Out on your child’s First Day of Camp)
- 1 extra shirt
- 1 extra pair of shorts
- 1 hat for sunny days
- 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 sweatshirt or jacket
- A nap or rest blanket (for 3 and 4-year-old campers only).
How Can My Child Take Their Medication?If your child takes prescription and/or nonprescription medication it will be administered after receipt of written authorization from the camper’s parent, guardian or prescriber and under specific directions only from the licensed prescribing physician. All medication should be labeled with your child’s name, in the original prescription bottle, and sent to the nurse’s office for storage and dispensing. Feel free to drop off the medication during the meet and greet or prior to camp beginning.
Transportation to Camp/Dropping My Camper OffHere’s what to expect depending on which method of transportation you have chosen:
- Door to Door Transportation – Our campers that have chosen door to door transportation receive a hang tag the week prior with the time the bus will be picking up and dropping off your child. A bus monitor will help your child (if they need assistance) to get on the bus and make sure they’re securely fastened. Children will be picked up between 7:30 a.m. and 8:45 a.m., depending on the distance from camp. Please have your child ready in advance of their pickup time if you are utilizing our door-to-door service. Someone must be at home to greet the camper in the afternoon when he/she is brought home at the end of the camp day. Dismissal is at 4:00 p.m., daily. We may not leave a child unattended at a home without a greeting by a parent or guardian unless a written letter of permission to do so.
- Central Express Transportation – If you have chosen a central express bus option please arrive at your bus stop 10 minutes prior to your busses AM departure time and PM arrival time each day.
- Extended Care – Campers joining us at extended care will participate in pre-and post-camp activities such as games, crafts and more, led by teachers and counselors each day. (Fee schedule is the same rate as our door-to-door option). Morning hours begin at 7:30 a.m. and conclude at 8:50 a.m. Afternoon hours begin at 4:00 p.m. and conclude at 6:00 p.m.
- Parent Drive Option – By choosing this option, parents drive their children to and from camp each day, but only at a specified time. Campers are dropped off in the morning between 9:05 a.m.-9:15 a.m. and picked up in the afternoon between 3:55 p.m.-4:05 p.m. Campers using this option do not take part in our extended care activities.
Parent ManualFor everything you need to know and more check out our Parent Manual. Be sure your child gets a good night’s rest the day before camp begins and have them bring a big smile, because they’re about to have the time of their lives at Frogbridge! If you have any questions or concerns always feel free to give us a call at 609-208-9050. We look forward to having your children with us as we celebrate our 20th summer and we’ll see you at our parent barbecue, Thursday, August 2nd from 5:30 PM-8:00 PM.
We’re excited for you to be part of the Frogbridge Family!