Year Round Preschools in Millstone Township, NJ
Looking for a preschool for your child? Are you interested in giving your children the Frogbridge experience all year long? If so, we have just the place for you. We call it Tadpole Village
. Led by Dr. Lisa Polvere
, the school is owned by Frogbridge and operated with the same high-level expertise you’d expect.
Who Can Attend?
Students can attend from 2 1/2 years old through 6-years-old. There is also a mommy and me program, as well as a before and after care program, available from 7:30a.m.-5p.m. The program even takes children before being toilet trained.
What Amenities Are Available?
With such a beautiful property, the preschool is able to utilize many of the same facilities used for camp, such as Harrison Square Garden, our indoor 6,000 sq ft. gymnasium, as well as an outdoor playground, a computer lab, with a PC for each student in class, a craft studio and more!
Classes are held in our Main Street buildings, where many of our youngest campers attend camp. Children even eat lunch and snack in our lunchrooms, located in the same building our classes are offered, which ensures the classrooms will always be clean.
What Does the Curriculum Cover?
Our curriculum is very hands on. The children have so much fun they do not even realize they’re learning! We utilize Everyday Math, and a phonics-based reading program called Let’s Begin With the Letter People, for all of our preschool students, while our kindergarten students also work with McMillian-McGraw Hill Treasures.
With such an extraordinary facility, rather than taking our students on field trips we take the field trips to Tadpole Village. Events even include bringing in penguins from Jenkinson’s Aquarium
How Many Students Are in Each Class & What Safety Precautions Are Taken?
Class sizes are small, with ratios as low as one teacher to five children for our youngest students and one to up to ten for our kindergarten classes. This allows the teacher more one-on-one time, working at each child’s individual level. We have licensed teachers and mature adult moms on staff that truly want to be here and it shows in how nurturing and caring they truly are. All administrators, teachers and aids are trained in CPR, first aid and epi-pen use. Our staff members will go to great lengths to ensure the well-being of our students.
What Events Take Place at Tadpole Village?
There is always something special going on at Tadpole Village. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the fun special events
keeping our students and their families involved throughout the year:
- October – It’s time for our Halloween event called The Frogtoberfest! Hayrides, pumpkin picking, trick or treating magic shows, petting zoo’s, carnival rides, a Halloween parade and so much more!
- November - A Thanksgiving feast catered by Chef Will, our executive chef from our own Windows on the Water catering hall. Our menu includes turkey with all the fixing.
- December – Our Holiday Show featuring our children singing live on stage, as well as a visit from Santa Claus!
- February – It’s Special Person Day! Children bring in a special person to spend time with them, such as an aunt or uncle.
- March – It’s time to celebrate Read Across America – Mystery readers come in and surprise the children. This is usually a child’s family member reading a book to the class. The children are so excited when their own mystery reader arrives!
- April – The chicks are here! The pre-incubated chicks arrive and the children enjoy watching them hatch!
- May – Mother’s and Father’s Day is celebrated with a catered parent picnic on our property. Preschool families can go boating, play mini golf and utilize many of the sports offered throughout the camp’s facility.
- June – It’s time for our stepping up ceremony for the 2 and 3-year-olds and our graduation day for our Pre-K/Kindergarten Class, including a cap and gown ceremony as well as a delicious barbecue catered by Windows on the Water.
Other ways we engage the children throughout the year include a monthly music program visit, in addition to the music we offer in class. We also bring in Scholastic for a book fair twice each year, where the children love picking out their own books. This also encourages them to want to read. Just like Frogbridge Day Camp
, we take pictures that you can view online, so you can see your little one at school. Professional photos are taken twice a year too!
Our programs help to develop your child’s skills for future academic success using their own creativity. Tadpole Village Preschool is dedicated to developing your child’s social and academic skills through active, age-appropriate activities. With a sensitivity to every child’s varying abilities and learning styles, our educational program provides your child with the foundations for learning with opportunities for choice, experimentation, creativity and problem-solving.
Want to learn more? Call 609-208-2114 and speak with director, Dr. Lisa Polvere
or email her at [email protected].